Seriously -- when I hear news "professionals" say it "FEB-you-wary" I get a little ticked. It's almost worse then Geedubya's "NEW-cue-lar". I'm not an English scholar or anything, but say the dang word right or hold a special election to have it changed. It's "FEB-ru-ary". It's slightly harder to say but since you'll have to train yourself to say it properly it'll probably add a teaspoon of gray matter to your brain and you'll live just that much richer a life in your latter years.
Anyway, it's February and here's a list of things I'm looking forward to this month:
- the Super Bowl (only because a local team is playing and I took pics of Tacoma showing Seahawks spirit)
- the Tacoma Home and Garden Show, because we have a home (solar panels here we come!)
- a night out for Sarah and peeps at Chopstix (see our visit to Chopstix) -- I get to drive two of them home
- launching a new version of Sarah's website thanks to programming by me
- hitting the slopes with Steve (of the Ferguson's) to learn/re-learn how to snowboard
- putting together a new server to speed up and make this (and other) website more reliable
- researching bamboo (see my renderings) as a privacy barrier for our yard
- taking a weekend to visit Matt in B.C. to celebrate his graduation from the foundations program at his film school
And much, much, more! If anyone wants to squeeze something in please contact my secretary (me).